Monday, January 30, 2012

Bishop Bouldering

After the hecticity of the winter OR show I decompressed for a few days in Salt Lake City to do a bit of truck work, photo and internet work, and a little bit of skiing at Alta. Then I packed up and headed towards Bishop. A flat along highway 6 in Nevada slowed things down a bit, but I made it eventually. Unfortunately the little wood staple was in the side of the tire and they couldn't patch the sidewall - so I am the not so proud owner of another new tire. On the plus side it was done in time to get a little bit of bouldering in before the sun dropped behind the Sierra. That night it was clear and cold. I took a number of pictures of the stars including one long star trail image.
Star trails ~ 2 hour exposure

High ISO image of about the same area


For the next 2 days I got a lot of bouldering in at the Happy Boulders. It felt wonderful to be able to climb on warm rock in shorts and a t-shirt. Unfortunately my muscles feel pretty weak and my skin is soft and tender. I think I am at a good place to rectify this situation. Even by the second day I felt that as I got more tired and sore I also felt I was moving a little better on the rock. I saw a few people I know and I am sure I'll see more as the days pass here. I topped off my 3rd day on with a soak in a hot spring. AHHHH.

Panorama of ephemeral water on the Bonneville Salt Flats

Cattle in the Owen's floodplain

rock climbing cowboy shadow


One of these days I'll get some decent climbing pics to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment