Thursday, November 12, 2015

Going Intercontinental


I am heading off for the rest of the year - and well into 2016. I'll be joining among others at various times Sam and Raquel, Kristen and Matt, Eric, and more YogaSlackers plus visiting Tammy and Andy and hopefully a few other friends on the far side of the world. First stop Hong Kong, then on to Thailand, followed by Christmas and New Years in New Caledonia and then on to New Zealand for a while before a stop in Hawaii on the way back to the US Mainland. I am pretty excited by everything except the expensive tickets (actually a good bit cheaper this year than last year). I sure hope I can get all the stuff I need to get taken care of before I go. So much logistics and packing. I wish I could just have all my toys with me without having to cart them around when I am not using them. I am pretty sure that there will be some climbing, slacklining, Acro, Yoga, packrafting, snorkeling, running, hiking, photography, and eating. I suspect there will be some adventures whether we want them or not, so I'll pretend we are planning them.

I don't know how much internet access I'll have. I won't be taking a computer myself other than an old droid smartphone and a kindle but some of the people I'll be traveling with will have computers so hopefully I'll be able to at least update this blog from time to time as well as keep up with e-mail. At some point in the future you might be able to see a few of the many GB of photos I expect to take.

Meanwhile I try to finish up the things I should have been doing the rest of the year, find gear and pack and cull and repack my bags, and prepare my place to be abandoned for a while.

I made a kindle case to protect it while traveling

kindle case closed up and hopefully safe

quite a pile of toys and gear to try to pack

No comments:

Post a Comment