Thursday, July 12, 2012

Backpacker Sierra Challenge Article

The August Backpacker magazine is out and it features a photo essay on the 2011 Sierra Challenge by Michael Darter. There are lots of awesome pics made more awesome by the fact that 5 include me (even if one is a repeat in the table of contents and I am a dot in another). Still it is pretty dang cool. Check it out. (page 78 to 83 or so - titled "Summit Fever")

The first page - note yours truly representing with the
Yogaslacker shirt in the upper left

update: they have now posted some online... http://www.backpacker.com/2012-august-sierra-challenge/destinations/16772

Meanwhile I have been hiking and peak bagging in the Sierra again. I can pretend I am training for the 2012 Sierra Challenge although I fear that no matter what I do the actual challenge will be quite challenging. Hopefully I can get more trip reports finished up.

Here is one for the Mount Whitney Mountaineers Route...

trip report for scrambling up the Mount Whitney Mountaineers Route

No comments:

Post a Comment