Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Creek - Indian Creek that is

I stuck around Bishop a little longer than the rest of my Canadian Family to go skiing with about 2 feet of fresh snow up on Mammoth Mountain with Laura, Dave, and Amy. It was pretty awesome, especially for the first few runs when there was still untracked snow and the wind hadn't picked up yet. We followed that up with an awesome corned beef dinner. I also got my new pair of Evolv Talon shoes and had to test them out at the Happy Boulders - they worked excellently, but I still got a big flapper on a finger. Then I headed towards Utah and Indian Creek. On the way there was a bit of snow and I stopped to search for trilobites (I only found bits and pieces though).

At the Creek I rejoined the Canadians with the addition of Drew and Mike the Brit. We climbed cracks for 2 days, then took a rest day and walked a bit at Canyonlands, then back to the cracks for another 2 grueling days. I managed a few clean TR ascents plus a few nice new leads. My previous Creek training last year w/ Stacy and Stephanie (thin cracks) and Alf (wide cracks) helped a lot. Here are some pics...

Jase high on "Crack Attack" on a busy day

Mike ascends into the darkness on the Cave Route


Matt sending "Supercrack"
Will and I got in a camera duel
South and North Sixshooters at sunset

Mike and Jase enjoy a campfire

Hopefully I can continue with the cracks and perhaps a tower before heading to Las Vegas and the Red Rock Rendezvous at the end of the week.


For a more complete trip report for the Indian Creek trip go here: Tom Grundy's Indian Creek 2012 Trip Report

No comments:

Post a Comment