Friday, July 22, 2011

Latest doings - big day in the mountains and now Squaw Valley

Well, I haven't reported on my doings for a while. I had a big day in the mountains July 12th. I hiked in from Pine Creek up to the Morgan mine and then along the ridge over a number of peaks such as Broken Finger with a fair bit of scrambling and up to low 5th class climbing and lots of confusing and tortuous route finding. Then over to Morgan Peak and Little Lakes peak and then back to the trail to hike out by moonlight. It ended up being about an 18 hour push and I was quite tired. Someday I'll make a trip report for it. The spot track is here:

spot track for big day in the Sierras

I also did some mountain biking and scouting of Bishop Creek for packrafting - too much brush though.

Now I am up at Squaw Valley to set up for Wanderlust. Lake Tahoe was very blue, but the traffic was grim. I was getting passed by bicycles.

Lake Tahoe - very blue. I think I had the polarizer on for this pic

1 comment: