Tuesday, January 25, 2011

cold weather

It got cold here, with the low supposed to be -11 F and the high the next day of 10 F. [SARCASM] This is proof we don't have to worry about global warming anymore [/SARCASM]. I went out with my camera in the morning and took this image of some water dripping out of the aqueduct drain over a little creek.



 Aqueduct drain


Then I headed overland to Longfellow Pond. The snow was cold enough to squeek. Someone had cleared the snow off of an area to skate, but the ice was pretty atrocious (bumpy and the surface was hardened partially melted and frozen snow). I took a panoramic image to try to turn into a little planet. I need to work on how I fill out the middle a bit more, but as a proof of concept shot I think it worked out ok. This is from approximately the center of the cleared ice in the middle of the pond. Processing it did bring my computer to its knees though, maybe 4 GB of memory isn't enough after all.

Planet Longfellow

No comments:

Post a Comment