Monday, July 12, 2010

International Climber's Festival

I just had a good run at the International Climbers Festival in Lander, Wyoming. I entered 3 contests, a rope throwing one (where I went first and didn't place - going later would have allowed me to scope other people's methods). I also entered the crate stacking contest (where you stack up milk crates while climbing up the tower you are making) - I got 21 crates and won! (second place had 20) they made a little video of it here: crate stacking craziness video link.

Then almost nobody was signed up for the slackline competition, so I entered that too. I wasn't particularly smooth as I tried to do what I could remember of Sam's yoga slackline routine. Still, it was good enough for the win.

It is nice to be able to put my useless skills to work.

1 comment: