Sunday, October 16, 2016

Finished the 14ers and WFR

I finished up the Colorado 14ers project with 57 summits. I skipped Culebra for various reasons - mainly the price.

I updated my page on it here - although the individual peak trip reports are slow in coming.

http://www.electricant.net/grundyman/co14ers.html

Then I hurt my knee - good timing if there ever is good timing to get hurt.

Then we were at the Yoga Journal Conference in Estes Park taking a bunch of various (but not too energetic for me) classes and teaching slackline and continuing to study up on the WFR materials and taking the online test. (WFR = Wilderness First Responder - medical training for a wilderness setting). I took advantage of the wifi at the Conference to finish up and then drove back to Bishop to clean up my place and prepare for the WFR course there.

The WFR course was intense. Lots to learn in 5 long busy days. It is a course I think everyone who does somewhat dangerous things in remote places should consider doing and it could save someone's life. Originally we planned to do shenanigans when class wasn't in session. In reality Sam and Raquel were busy packing for leaving the country and we all had class stuff to review. It was still fun to have a few of the people staying in the CoG with me.

WFR class


The YogaSlackers who took the WFR class


After the WFR and Sam and Raquel's departure Nalumon came to visit. We managed to climb, slackline, hotspring, boulder, and she was busy emptying, cleaning, and repacking her turtle shell. (evidently the now clean CoG floor expanse is good for that). We also managed to watch some movies and eat lots of good food.

Jill at the Happy Boulders

Nalumon at the Buttermilks


Nalumon Slacklining at the park

we baked pizza and pies.
and enjoyed the sunset at one of the Long Valley Caldera hot springs. ahhh



No comments:

Post a Comment