Sunday, May 18, 2014

New camera, new lens, pine creek climbing, poetry contest, tasty food, ultra marathon...

Some of those things in the title are me, others aren't.  But my loyal fan probably wants to know what all I've been up to. For starters I got a new K3 and Sigma 150-500mm lens.




You can read more about that and see some sample pics here:

http://www.electricant.net/grundyman/newk3.html


I also went climbing in Pine Creek recently - lots of good rock up there, and some not so good rock raining down a few hundred yards up canyon from us.

Tai and a brace of Eriks in Pine Creek

Laura had a get together celebrating a number of things, and of course there were lots of tasty things to eat.

roasted garlic torte


Then we went to Spellbinder Books - for the awarding of the winners of the poetry competition. Years ago I used to rap Xanadu with my sister, and knowing the verses helped me win a poetry book.


Laura reads her poem
and shows off her award
Then off to the Mountain Light Gallery to for a new show opening with lots of fantastic images. Finally that night I biked out to Mill Pond park to talk to Julie who was volunteering at the end of the Bishop High Sierra Ultramarathon. We watched some of the last few people finish the 100K race.

Crossing the finish line after 17+ hours and 100K

No comments:

Post a Comment