Saturday, March 12, 2011

Indian Creek teaser


I finally got out to Indian Creek. First with Stacy and Stephanie, then with others I met up with at the Creek (mostly Alf and Bob). It started out quite cold with a bit of snow but by the end it was quite toasty in the sun.
Lots of gear makes the leads less scary
Stephanie starts up the Incredible Hand Crack


Stephanie and Stacy hike up - we made Stephanie carry everything
I head up Chocolate Corner
For the first week we were mostly climbing thin hands and fingers with climbs like Coyne Crack, Scarface, and Swedin Ringle. After that we tended to the wide - up to full on offwidths - like SC memorial, Big Boy, Big Daddy, Right Arm, and Sinestra... Good times. I even have a little bit of skin left and definitely feel like I have improved my technique a bit.
Alf 2/3 up "Big Daddy" - embracing the wide



Donnelly Canyon - Donnelly and Supercrack walls
As usual a more complete trip report can be seen on my web page here: Link to Tom Grundy's Indian Creek trip report

1 comment:

  1. hey bro,
    that was a very good spring climbing session at the creek! I hope that you will be back in the fall.

    fondly, alf

    ReplyDelete